SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Grr - filter wheel borked

dannybgoode

Looks like I’ll be visual for a while. My SX filter wheel is dead - looks like the usb socket has failed - horrible looking solder joint on it. Hopefully SX will be able to fix it but typical just as I was getting properly back in to imaging. 

Ah well. I enjoy visual as well - a little tricky given the amount of security lights and street lights that do nothing for adjusted vision but hey. Will have to make do...

AF0582DD-BE2C-4C68-9C5D-6A55814BAD35.jpeg

23 hours ago, ebdons said:

Yep SX should be able to fix that, might need a new board, my sx wheel failed and cut out my trius firmware, but sx sorted the wheel and terry sent sent me a firmware update for the trius. ton

Good to hear. They’ve been very quick to respond thus far. I’ve got my RMA no etc already so will be going off to them tomorrow. 

Hopefully won’t be too expensive but it has to be done either way. I was almost tempted to have a go myself - I’m pretty handy with an iron - but would rather leave it to the experts :)  

Yep. with the usual excellent CS, leave it to them, it's a bit more involved with returns form and stuff, but one reason I will stick with sx for now. my wheel repair for new motor and fitment was £30 so not too bad? ton

5 hours ago, ebdons said:

Yep. with the usual excellent CS, leave it to them, it's a bit more involved with returns form and stuff, but one reason I will stick with sx for now. my wheel repair for new motor and fitment was £30 so not too bad? ton

Banging price that. Hopefully mine will be similar :) . All boxed up and ready to go so hopefully won’t be out of action for too long...