Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Star Trek Picard Starts Today

johninderby

Picard lived up to expectations. A slow burn, with an unexpected shock 3/4s of the way through and a nice hook into the next episode!

The critics received the first three episodes. Apparently it goes proper Trekky in episode 3. Can't wait. After bingeing on The Expanse S4 there's been a TV sci-fi void to fill.

• Like 1

I watched the first episode at the weekend, looks promising, let's hope it's more sci-fi than Eastenders (as seems to be the case with Dr Who at the moment - in a TV guide it was listed as "Drama" which is not what I want from a sci-fi programme), and any political messages are subtle and in the background.

• Like 1

enjoying this. The first episode had me hooked and the second episode did not disappoint.
I did have to trawl the memory banks to recover the difference between Vulcans and Romulans.
The  only weak criticism I have  is the eyebrow department might improve with practice for the close-ups 🙂

Yes like the way the series is developing. 🙂

You can tell some serious thought has gone into it and an excellent script as well. A quality production as befits someone like Patrick Stewart.

Science fiction for adults. 👍🏻

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2020 at 13:28, Second Time Around said:

Yes, weekly episodes each Friday, and free to Amazon Prime members.

Unfortunately, here in the states, Picard is not available to Prime members (only those outside the USA). We must also subscribe and pay for CBS All Access to watch the episodes. However, the first episode was available on YouTube for a limited time for free in February. I watched it and liked what I saw. So, like most, I will wait for the season to run out, then sign up for CBS All Access, 7 day free trial, bin watch the episodes, then cancel afterwards.

On 26/01/2020 at 17:48, johninderby said:

First episode was pretty good and sets up a lot of interesting plot lines. Looking forward to the return of Seven of Nine and then thers Mr & Mrs Riker (Will Riker and Deanna Troi). 

Oh Seven of Nine, she looks better now even though she has aged..

Alan

It’s ok so far and I appreciate Frakes direction, the appearance of Seven (and Echeb) and of course Sir Pat. However the dialog sometimes leaves a little to be desired. The CGI ideas are great and inventive.

I am committed to watch it all the way through to the end as I like anything Trek but fear it might not be recommissioned as there is a lot of tinternet buzz and negative hype saying that “it isn’t real Trek”.

Hopefully they will give another series as it does have so much more to give like Discovery did.

7 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

It’s ok so far and I appreciate Frakes direction, the appearance of Seven (and Echeb) and of course Sir Pat. However the dialog sometimes leaves a little to be desired. The CGI ideas are great and inventive.

I am committed to watch it all the way through to the end as I like anything Trek but fear it might not be recommissioned as there is a lot of tinternet buzz and negative hype saying that “it isn’t real Trek”.

Hopefully they will give another series as it does have so much more to give like Discovery did.

Discovery was a disaster in my opinion and the only series I will never watch past the first episode. That one really is not Star Trek! Picard, after seeing only the first episode, seems to have promise.

• Like 2