Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO 1600 MM cooled Pro

groberts

I already have the ZWO 1600mm-Cooled camera + x8 EFW - 2nd generation I think, bought about 4-months after intial UK release. 

1. What is the difference between this version and the Pro version now on sale, if any - I've looked at the Pro spec and it seems to be exactly the same?
  2. Could you therfore directly combine two sets of subs taken of the same object using the two different cameras + otherwise with the same set-up e.g. on a dual rig?

Thanks, Graham

2 hours ago, groberts said:

I already have the ZWO 1600mm-Cooled camera + x8 EFW - 2nd generation I think, bought about 4-months after intial UK release. 

1. What is the difference between this version and the Pro version now on sale, if any - I've looked at the Pro spec and it seems to be exactly the same?
  2. Could you therfore directly combine two sets of subs taken of the same object using the two different cameras + otherwise with the same set-up e.g. on a dual rig?

Thanks, Graham

Yes of course but you will need different calibration files for each of the cameras / scopes. 

The V2 has the Hub but keeps the original screw less front panel. The V2 also has no buffer memory. 

So the new one is less prone to dew on the sensor window and it works a little better with older USB 2 interfaces. You will see no performance difference when using USB3 though. The buffer can also help if you are using a longer USB cable to attach the camera to your PC. 

Adam 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam J said:

Yes of course but you will need different calibration files for each of the cameras / scopes. 

The V2 has the Hub but keeps the original screw less front panel. The V2 also has no buffer memory. 

So the new one is less prone to dew on the sensor window and it works a little better with older USB 2 interfaces. You will see no performance difference when using USB3 though. The buffer can also help if you are using a longer USB cable to attach the camera to your PC. 

Adam 

Thanks Adam - it's been a great camera and I'm  considering getting another but just wanted to check I wasn't missing something.

Graham