Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

joe aguiar

Just ordered 90mm solarmax 3 with bf15

Tommorrow is my b'day and with the huuuuge Coronado sale on now I decided to upgrade my Coronado 60mm solarmax 11 with bf10 to the 90mm solarmax 3 with bf15.

This should be a big difference going to 90mm from 60 and saving about $1000 us is about $1300 then plus the taxes I save is closer to $1500  which is alot.

I remember when I started in this hobby a 90mm Coronado would have been $8000 to $9000. Back then

I'll probably sell the 60 when spring comes and most people start to think of the sun.

Joejaguar 

Edited by joe aguiar
  • Like 6

well done mate and happy birthday🌞. no dout you will see a improvement from the 60mm. clear skys. charl.

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 1

Not jealous at all!

I've looked through a double stacked Solarmax 90 before and it was incredible, so I think you should have fun with it.

• Like 1

WOW, that is some Solar aperture, not that 60mm is particularly small. Roll on cycle 25!

• Like 1

That should be great. I use my Solar Spectrum H-alpha filter in my APM 80mm F/6 stopped down to 75mm with a Beloptik tri-band ERF, and it is a huge step up from my SolarMax-II 60mm, you should be in for a real treat, especially when the next solar cycle really kicks in

• Like 1

Awesome, happy birthday and enjoy the scope.

• Like 1

It just came in I cant believe how heavy the 90 is it's like 18 or 19 lbs. To compare my 6 inch f8 evostar is 21 or 22 lbs.

Joejaguar 

Hello Joe , congrats on the recent acquisition , I was wondering how your getting 

on with it , and some pics would be nice 👍

When I first got my first PST in 2005 I'm sure a DS 90 was about £9k  , but we all on 

the side of the Atlantic are never privy to any of the Coronado sales.

Brian 

I have a 90mm Coronado etalon and 15mm blocking filter set, doesn't come even close to the performance of my 150mm PST mod.    😐

I guess it depends what you mean by performance Peter ?

I tend to judge it by bandwidth , that is I much prefer a good 0.5A view (or lower)

over magnification , you can't beat a nice contrasty detailed full disk image imho 

I wish Joe well with his new 90III

Brian