Celestron C 6 SCT.

The C6 is a telescope that I have never owned. Just interested to hear what owners think 🤔 of them. What experiences you have had. I have in the past owned and enjoyed the C5 & C8. 

I have owned a C6 and Skymax150 mak and did a head to head with them. Result pretty well a tie. The C6 has about as much contrast as the mak.The big advantage though was the C6 was so much lighter and so could be used on a lighter mount. Also the C6 cooled down a bit faster. Bit wider fov too.

The C6 just hits that sweet spot between performance and weight. Great choice for a grab’n’go setup. Like it a lot but a bit overpriced new.

Edited by johninderby

I agree if u liked the c5 then u will love the c6.

It's pretty much right in between the 5 and 8, but alot smaller than 8. The 6 can go on a plane.

The extra inch compared to the 5 does help in light grasp.

It's perfect lightweight and largish at 6 lbs bare add rdf and 1.25 diagonal and it's still only 7 lbs.

I think perfect scope.

Joejaguar 

The  1500mm  Focal Length is long but it is an SCT  and in comparison to other SCTs and Maks it makes a good 'Goldilocks' value.......You can bump it up to 2x...4x for planetary/Lunar  but also get it down to 945mm with a reducer.......   and then there is this....

https://starizona.com/store/hyperstar-6

F2  !!!!!...... 300mm..... and compact, lightweight.   It is a good value scope.   I have one, it was my first serious foray into glass and mirrors.

Sean.

you can thread the regular 2 inch sct diagonal on it but its not a true 2" opening although it works its kinda like 1.75" so the meade celestron focal reducer will work.

I hav not used the 6.3 on it but I have  a 2" sct diagonal and 2" 32mm SWA meade 4000 

joejaguar