Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

arrayschism

What is this Called? Push-through Latch Type Thing

I am making a cover for a box to go outside as part of my pier. I've used (but never bought) these fixings before to hold down plate steel panels and thought they would do the job.

Thing is... I don't know what they're called so struggling to look for them. 

The basic idea is that the pin pushes through a hole. Once the other side, the internal tab rotates 90 degrees and drops down, locking the panel into place.

I apologise for my terrible drawing skills, but I've done my best "artistic" impression. Any idea what these are called? :)

IMG_20200123_151321.thumb.jpg.83a129b880dc17945b909b0ab184d934.jpg

A search for "tailgate latch" or "dropdown tailgate latch" might find them.

James

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, arrayschism said:

Brilliant, thanks all!!! I'll be able to sleep now :)

And me, I hate searching for stuff when you dont know what its called....

Alan

Edited by Alien 13
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

And me, I hate searching for stuff when you dont know what its called....

In my mind, Google will never really have mastered search engines until it can do:

"Oh, you know, a thingy!  Has lots of holes in and you use it when you're cooking spaghetti.  Begins with a 'C'"
"Yeah!  That's the one!  Parmesan grater!"

James

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, JamesF said:

In my mind, Google will never really have mastered search engines until it can do:

"Oh, you know, a thingy!  Has lots of holes in and you use it when you're cooking spaghetti.  Begins with a 'C'"

James

Its odd but searches on Amazon in conjunction with their suggestions usually gets me to what I want.

Alan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JamesF said:

Google? Pah! Google can't yet beat the SGL hive mind :) :) :) 

Thanks all!

• Like 2

I find it very annoying when you search for something in the UK only and it completely ignores your request and shows items world wide  😬

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JamesF said:

James

I thought you wanted a cullender to drain the spaghetti, oh well better luck next time.

Regards Andrew 

13 hours ago, JamesF said:

James

49 minutes ago, andrew s said:

I thought you wanted a cullender to drain the spaghetti, oh well better luck next time.

Regards Andrew 

Actually, this came up on google when I entered James search phrase. Close but no Cigar. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popsugar.com/food/How-Measure-Spaghetti-41730124/amp

• Thanks 1