Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The most loved cluster

emyliano2000

I decided to stack everything I have on the Pleiades from the day I started shooting it and I have a total of 22 hours and 35 minutes.
457 exposures ranging from 2min to 10min shot with, DSLR (600d), CCD (QHY10) and cooled CMOS (ASI294MC) through my TS65Q.
It took APP 40 hours to stack them all.

What do you think?

Emil

Pleiades11.thumb.jpg.351415051477abac4556f87c1b69dc2d.jpg

Edited by emyliano2000
  • Like 18

16 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

What a great project Emil and a superb result. 40 hours to stack 22 hours data - is that a steam laptop you're using? 😏 Seriously, it was worth the wait :thumbright:. Cheers, Geof

Haha, I stacked more hours in less time but the amount of subs (457) is very large for my computer (quite old I might say) and the fact that it had to stack subs shot with 3 different cameras, including CCD, at different orientations, made the local normalization take much longer than usual. 

I do need a new computer because sometimes during stacking, I thought it was gonna take off and fly around the room 😂😂

Emil

• Haha 1