Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Pleiades Widefield

The Pleiades, M45, Severn Sisters, Subaru or "that bunch of stars that look like a little saucepan", as I use to refer to it, when I didn't know any different.

I love the star cluster and the reflection nebulae it creates, One of the first DSO's I imaged last August and one I will always try to improve on.

Went for a widefield image a few nights back, just short of 2 hours of data taken with an unguided Star Adventurer, unmodded Canon 6D mkii with the kit lens @105mm, ISO800 210' subs. 25 darks, bias and flats. Stacked in DSS processed in StarTools.

pleaides2.png

Edited by Andy R
Cant spell Pleiades lol
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, happy-kat said:

I'll look using the monitor as this phone eats subtlety as it looks like there's more to see.

What aperture did you use?

F5.6 I believe, its probably my processing - still learning.

The continuous white cloud around M45 is not right, may be a processing fault?

There should be various dust, brown to orange and blue reflection nebula but no continuous white looking stuff.

The brown dust continues down to the Hyades just out of the bottom left of your image.