Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem linking mount to PHD2

8 minutes ago, Lancebloke said:

Yes, the white ST4 is the cable supplied that I have bought and RS232 cable for so i can connect to my P.C. 

That isn't a ST4 cable. ST4 cables have a telephone type plug at each end like this. The cable you have it the one for connecting the handset to the pc and is usually called a serial data cable. You cannot use it to connect the mount to the pc through the guideport on the mount. This is why you are getting connection errors.

1 minute ago, alacant said:

Trying to simplify the options, Remove this cable.

I'm assuming pc direct didn't work so...

Send a photo of the entire cabling you have. This should clearly show the the cables to the mount, the handset and the computer.

Cheers.

It isn't a ST4 cable. The cable needs to be connected to the handset and pc to make it work.

Hi,

The only cable I have to the mount is ST4. This is the white cable that I have in my hand that has RS232 on the other end and joins the adapter to USB in to my laptop.

The other USB in my laptop goes to the guide camera. No wires from camera to mount or handset.

20200126_145914.jpg

6 minutes ago, Lancebloke said:

The only cable I have to the mount is ST4. This is the white cable that I have in my hand that has RS232 on the other end and joins the adapter to USB in to my laptop.

The cable isn't a ST4. It should not be connected the mount's guideport, but to the smaller port on the handset.

4 minutes ago, Lancebloke said:

I will give that a go in real conditions when the sky clears up.

Best to get it all working indoors, you don't want to be messing about in the dark or wasting clear skies.

Good luck.

Dave

Hi all,

I got another issue sorted and it looks like tracking is working via the handset connection. 

Thanks for your help getting me this far! I will give it a proper go when I get some clear enough skies and can align my mount etc but looked good today.