Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosetta nebula hargb any help advice welcome

Pid

Well Saturday was the first clear night I have been able to make use of so headed up to the battlesteads observatory to help out and of course to do some of my own imaging ,so decided to image the rosette nebula and give my ha filter its first light still not happy with this image but just learning how to merge the ha in with my rgb.
so here it is my first hargb image 
added my 2nd attempt lot happier with it 
20x240s ha 
20x240s rgb 
10x darks 
20xlights 
15xbias 
all taken with  my skywatcher 130pds 
heq5 mount 
modded canon 450d

Screenshot_20200121-124646_Gallery.jpg

received_3368041016544683.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi Pid.

I,m no expert but to me the data you have is very noisey and grainy.Also you have,nt quite got focus,the stars are a little bloated.

You have only taken 10 darks,but I would push for maybe up to 30 to get a good master dark.Another important calibration Frame is Flats.To me Flats are the most important of Calibration.

Were your darks taken at the same temperature as the lights,and for the same duration (240secs).

Regarding adding the Ha detail,i would apply it initially only to the RED channel of the RGB,theirfore avoiding the salmon colour effect.You can blend the Ha at 100% opacity,or better still maybe around 25-30% to avoid washing out the colours,and ending up with a dominant red.Although I often do end up with an overall red Nebulae.

Other people better qualified may chip in with this,so you would get better overall info.

But well done with what you have achieved here.

Mick. 

Thanks for your input as new starter with adding the ha into the red channel so this is my first tempt at this I thought i had focus on my ha as very hard to do so with it being the 7nm filter i will keep trying to re edit till I am happy