Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Calendar Discussion - Crescent Moon, Venus and Neptune conjunction (UK: 28/01/2020 00:00)

admin

1 hour ago, Littleguy80 said:

Caught this tonight with Equinox 80. Great to see the two planets in the same FOV. Would have loved to e see them last night when they were even closer. The Moon was really impressive and stole the show a little bit

Nice one Littleguy80

By the time I managed to get out Neptunes rough location had dropped below the neighbours fence unfortunately. As you say the moon looked great though, along with Venus and Uranus

baz

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Nice one Littleguy80

By the time I managed to get out Neptunes rough location had dropped below the neighbours fence unfortunately. As you say the moon looked great though, along with Venus and Uranus

baz

Thanks Baz. Sorry you didn’t catch Neptune but sounds like you still had a nice session :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Littleguy80 said:

Thanks Baz. Sorry you didn’t catch Neptune but sounds like you still had a nice session :) 

I will get there in the end, as with Uranus Neptune seems to be avoiding me. However I found that it seemed extra special spotting Uranus after several attempts. I hope to have the same fist pump moment with Neptune when I finally see it.

I did have a great mini session thanks, it was nice to actually get out the after a week of cloud. I am coming to the conclusion that any night we can do some viewing is a good night with our unpredictable weather 😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

I will get there in the end, as with Uranus Neptune seems to be avoiding me. However I found that it seemed extra special spotting Uranus after several attempts. I hope to have the same fist pump moment with Neptune when I finally see it.

I did have a great mini session thanks, it was nice to actually get out the after a week of cloud. I am coming to the conclusion that any night we can do some viewing is a good night with our unpredictable weather 😁

It's a great feeling when you finally bag a target after several failed attempts. I remember really struggling with the Bee Hive cluster in the early days. From my dark site it's naked eye and it seems crazy that I couldn't find it. You'll get Neptune and it'll definitely be a fist pump moment :)