Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart nebula

paul mc c

Nice image, and I am sure could be a real nice image with some more processing.

I am far from being any sort of expert on processing but there looks to be plenty of data to work with have you tried Nebulosity4, that's what I started out using for processing and found it really easy to use and produced some reasonable results. Yes it is lacking a bit in some areas but for basic stacking and manipulation I found it easy and really good.

I am now using Pixinsight and Photoshop but both have fairly steep learning curves and still sometimes go back to Nebulosity4 just to get a quick image.

Steve

2 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Nice image, and I am sure could be a real nice image with some more processing.

I am far from being any sort of expert on processing but there looks to be plenty of data to work with have you tried Nebulosity4, that's what I started out using for processing and found it really easy to use and produced some reasonable results. Yes it is lacking a bit in some areas but for basic stacking and manipulation I found it easy and really good.

I am now using Pixinsight and Photoshop but both have fairly steep learning curves and still sometimes go back to Nebulosity4 just to get a quick image.

Steve

Thanks Steve,i will check that out,i tried Pixinsight trial, but just could not get it,way over my head to be honest.

26 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

Thanks Steve,i will check that out,i tried Pixinsight trial, but just could not get it,way over my head to be honest.

Yes I know what you mean I tried the trial and in fact extended the trial for another month (They will extend it if you ask) and like you just thought it was far too difficult to use. Then after another year thought I would take the plunge and pay for it and as it is not cheap that would make me learn to use it.

Funnily enough although it does have a steep learning curve and takes a lot of work to get to grips after a while something sort of happens and the penny drops how the logic of it all works and it suddenly becomes a lot easier as you sort of understand the thinking behind it all and it is a great piece of software.

Now I am not suggesting you do try Pixinsight as it is a handful but I really would recommend Nebulosity 4.

I always have to write down what I am doing so I can follow the same flow next time and I did these instructions if they are of any help to you ?

Just looking at these instructions again (not used for sometime) they were written when I was using a DSLR but are okay for OSC and for mono you would just need to follow the instructions for each filter then combine the stacked images.

Steve

Pre-Processing & Stacking with Nebulosity 4.pdf

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Thanks 1