Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris996

AZEQ6-GT Slew Problems

My AZEQ6 has started going haywire:

Basically when I issue a slew command it starts moving toward the target, then starts going back and forth and eventually ends up pointing vertically - no matter what target I try to slew toward.

This happens with both USB and hand-controller, worryingly it also happens without any mount or weights connected.

I've had the mount for approx 18 months, its always had gremlins to be honest but this feels like a genuine failure.  Its mounted outside on a pier and has solid mains power-supply (which has worked to-date).

Any ideas / pointers etc on how I could fix or diagnose much appreciated. (missing out on some great skies :(

Clutch slipping in RA axis ??

With the RA clutch tightened up, can you move the RA axis (without using excessive force) ?

Great tip - thanks Marcus - yes I could move the RA axis.  I've tightened the clutch-ring up and will give it another test this evening.

• Like 1

No joy - its still doing the same thing.

When I issue a slew command it slews to the general area then stops, then slews in stages further away in RA.

The park position is also abut 45 degrees out.

Any other ideas?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that behavior...

Any chance you could perhaps upload a short video of the mount when it's slewing ?

Possible daft question; is it covered when not in use and do you use any form if dehumidifier? It won’t like being left outdoors for long periods of time if it is getting damp all the time. 

Is the firmware the latest? Are any buttons getting stuck in the handset when you press them in?

• Like 1

Do both motors work at the same time or one after the other? Looks like power supply problem. Have you checked with another power supply?