SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Satelites

stevetynant

Was out the back garden tonight with the Bins after having a fire and saw something I've never seen before.  Was looking  pretty much due South then saw a satelite coming over, nothing unusual, then another and another - I counted about 10 in total all in a perfect line all following the same path. I watched this for a few minutes even tried to take a video but it was terrible quality so no use. Thats the first time I've seen anything like that - anyone else seen anything similar or have any explanations?

Hello again Steve 🙂

If it was 6:15 then you certainly saw the Starlink trail - I was watching it from just up the hill from you!!  The stream were travelling parallel to the horizon at about 50 degrees.  I must admit I found it quite eerie, it was almost like a sci-fi film where the alien enemy sends a whole troop of ships after the hero.

Surely, as a planet we can't allow tens of thousand of these to ruin our night sky, and our serious study too...🥺

Helen

• Like 1