Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Skipjack

Software for detection of Lunar impacts?

Hi. Any suggestions to software for analysing lunar footage? It easily get tedious to manually scan through lots and lots of of material.

Have heard of MIDAS, but haven't seen any download links. Fairly sure its a licensed software with a hefty price tag?

Any freeware out there? Any recommendations?

Many tnx.

Happy star-hunting.

//Skippy

Perfect Helen! Just had a quick glance at it, seems to be what I am looking for.

Better get back out there, my daughter is having a good time with her ETX 80 outside, don't want to miss out on that. 

Thanks! Appreciate it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skipjack said:

Perfect Helen! Just had a quick glance at it, seems to be what I am looking for.

Better get back out there, my daughter is having a good time with her ETX 80 outside, don't want to miss out on that. 

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Let us know how you get on 🙂   I did it once under Tony's instruction at a workshop - it turned out we just missed one (someone in Spain reported an event, but it was between exposures on our run 🙄).  His software was still in development at the time (summer 2018)

Helen

• Like 1

Great Helen! Will sure do. Have a few other projects to end before I give this a full go. Looking forward to it!

Does BAA or any orher British association have any section for this? Really love the "forgotten" and often overlooked parts of this hobby.

Seem like you all had a nice workshop there with the prof.

Tnx and cheers from Scandinavia,

Skip

• Like 1

In case you hadn't come across it, Tony cook maintains a lunar observing schedule which provides dates and times for lunar impacts and also TLP. 

See here

Tony is the BAA Lunar Change Project Coordinator 

See here for lunar impact detection software. 

• Like 1