Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SH2-284 Not an easy one!

Kinch

I found it quite difficult to get a half decent image out of this....and it is 20 hours in total! The signal is reasonable (but not great) in Ha but weak in OIII and even weaker in SII. (In fact I can hardly see 6 hours of SII on my screen). My intention was to try for an SHO image but did not like what I was getting. Then opted for HOO, but again was not too happy. This is actually a combination of the two. (Ha: 8 hours and 6 hours each OIII & SII).  Not often imaged - there are very few examples to check against on the net  - so hope you enjoy looking in on SH2-284. (I will have higher res up on my web site later tonight - Jan 17th).

Final SH2 284 Signed (1188 x 792).jpg

Edited by Kinch
Spelling
  • Like 7

I like that a lot and Sh2-284 is now added to my list of targets to take sight on - maybe this weekend if the weather forecast is to be believed!

The HOO-SHO combination works really well - just goes to show we have to be open minded to possibilities.

Excellent! Thank you for sharing.

Adrian

• Like 1

Thanks for that - and good luck with hunting it down. Good thing I am retired - I spent 8 hours almost just playing with the processing today. At least I got a picture at the end of it all....I was not too sure for a while though. 😏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinch said:

Thanks for that - and good luck with hunting it down.

Well I've been imaging the Rosette in Ha over the past clear nights so I might shift over a tad and centre on Sh2-284 and see if a rough and ready mosiac might be possible with my 200mm Canon lens. I've got it on the Sky Safari screen as I type.

Isn't retirement great! I waited 44 years for it and I love it!

Enjoy and CS.

Adrian