APT not downloading

Ken82

So connected up my new camera last night and updated to the Latest  ascom drivers.

Opened APT and the camera connects fine (it populates the pixel size and sensor dimensions).  

But APT is unable to download anything from camera ? Live view or long exposure, binning or normal. I’ve also tried changing usb limit to no avail. At the moment usb limit setting is on the lowest. 

The camera is connected via supplied usb 3 cable into usb 3 port and computer is ssd. I previously had a two similar cameras connected without any issues. 

1 i may try a different usb cable 

2 is there not an ascom diagnostic or something I can run ?

Any help/ideas ? 

62667B20-38DF-4466-B114-71B6D9C3E90D.jpeg

F58E1DB3-5174-4699-AC1F-B18001C9DCEA.jpeg

I had a similar message and issue with the new ASI 533 and an update to Apt resolved it (although it was native driver related to SDK).

Are you on latest version - 3.82?  If so, it would be worth asking in the Apt forums (if you haven't already) as Ivo and others are quick to help. 

7 minutes ago, geeklee said:

I had a similar message and issue with the new ASI 533 and an update to Apt resolved it (although it was native driver related to SDK).

Are you on latest version - 3.82?  If so, it would be worth asking in the Apt forums (if you haven't already) as Ivo and others are quick to help. 

Thanks geeklee I will check after work, you may have solved it !

7 hours ago, geeklee said:

I’ve tried to update Apt to the latest version but it doesn’t appear to make any difference. 

I’ll post on the APT forum as you recommend. 

thanks ken 

3 hours ago, Ken82 said:

I’ve tried to update Apt to the latest version but it doesn’t appear to make any difference. 

I’ll post on the APT forum as you recommend. 

thanks ken 

🙁 Hope you get this resolved Ken. If you're using the ASCOM drivers, this shouldn't matter but have you also installed the latest native drivers and tried these in Apt?

image.png.98e69bcb0656c9b82980c4a31d1b535e.png

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers

Edited by geeklee

2 hours ago, geeklee said:

🙁 Hope you get this resolved Ken. If you're using the ASCOM drivers, this shouldn't matter but have you also installed the latest native drivers and tried these in Apt?

image.png.98e69bcb0656c9b82980c4a31d1b535e.png

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/software-drivers

Yea thanks I was going to mention that. Using the native drivers I can use the zwo video mode in APT but still cannot take pictures. 

ive been asked to download a beta version from APT. Fingers crossed. 

I’ll post my results, hopefully helpful for someone at some point. 

• Like 1

Just an update-

so Ivo advised me to download the beta version 3.85.2 which I did. 

This has resolved my initial issue and now using either the ascom driver or native zwo driver I’m able to download images. 

I am currently unable to use the cooling aid as it doesn’t want to pause for an interval. So manually decreasing the temperature and waiting is the temporary solution. 

I guess zwo/apt developers need to have a look at this for future beta releases. 

I'm currently waiting for the 7 position filter wheel which will give me the correct connections for my setup. For now I’ve used an t adapter which will block a lot of the light in the corners. 

• Like 1