Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new member intro

diabolik

hello all,

pretty new to astrophotography but have always had an interest in astronomy.

I own an old celestron celestar 8" telescope which I have only used for observing. I would like to set it up for astrophotography and currently doing some sort of check to see if it will all work. It has the standard mount as well as the optional DEC motor. I have a webcam and an USB-ST4 interface as well as the PHD2 guiding software that I would like to set up and start doing a bit of imaging. 

Looking for some advice on how to set it all up and get imaging (preferably in time for betelguise to go nova) ... 

🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diabolik said:

hello all,

pretty new to astrophotography but have always had an interest in astronomy.

I own an old celestron celestar 8" telescope which I have only used for observing. I would like to set it up for astrophotography and currently doing some sort of check to see if it will all work. It has the standard mount as well as the optional DEC motor. I have a webcam and an USB-ST4 interface as well as the PHD2 guiding software that I would like to set up and start doing a bit of imaging. 

Looking for some advice on how to set it all up and get imaging (preferably in time for betelguise to go nova) ... 

🙂

Welcome to the forum.

It's worth posting up in the Getting started in Imaging section with some specific questions. You should get plenty of advice then.

On 16/01/2020 at 09:35, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Welcome aboard.

There is a fair few knowledgeable folk around here that will help with your set up. 

Regards

Barry

Thank you so much for  your kind welcome.  I am new to Stargazing.  I own An Orion  Star Seeker III Go To Telescope and is about to purchase an ASI183MC Pro camera.

Looking forward to a very informative and interesting experience with your organization.

Best wishes from T&T

Fitzroy

• 2 weeks later...