SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Part of the Rosette, December 10

darditti

This is the lower left (southeast) part of the Rosette Nebula, which I think is designated NGC 2237, but I am not certain.[br]

There are one or two problems with flat fielding apparent, those pesky dust bunnies seem to have moved between imaging and taking the flat, as so often.[br]

I think it's unusual to see this area at a large scale, so here it is.[br][br]Autoguided with my current set-up, link to that here.[br]

David[br]

NGC2237-08-12-10SkyglwQHYOriLR[br](Click to enlarge)

Beautiful detail and colour! You're really loving that re-built newtonian aren't you David! And the filter is really proving its worth: 15m subs in London! I never realised how large this beast is: even with the fast 'scope it'll need a mosaic to get the whole nebula.

never realised how large this beast is: even with the fast 'scope it'll need a mosaic to get the whole nebula.
Yes, it is so large it needs a small scope, or maybe a Hyperstar.[br][br]I have ordered a larger secondary mirror from Orion Optics, as there is a lot of vignetting by the secondary in this system, though flat-fielding hides it.[br][br]A larger secondary should make the system still faster.[br][br]David

Archived