SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

binocular eye relief

john watch

12 mm is pretty touch-and-go, and whether you can see the full field of view with spectacles will depend upon two things:

How close you wear your specs to your eyes.

Any eyepiece recess into the barrel. Eye relief is measured from the lens surface, so any recess will probably make them unusable.

However, there are 10x50s with more eye relief. For example, the Opticron Adventurer T WP, Opticron Adventurer, and Helios LightQuest have eye reliefs of 18, 19 and 20 mm respectively. (Reviews on my website if you want to know more about them)

HTH.

• Like 1

I simply removed the eyecups from my 8X40's, 10X50's and 12X50's binoculars to allow me to get more-or-less the full field of view. With my higher-power binoculars of X15, X20 and X25 , I cut and filed down spare spectacle lenses  and inserted them into the eyecups. It works like a charm.

• Like 1

Some of my binoculars have long eye relief and eye cups that twist up and down so you can position them high for the non-glasses wearer or lower for those who do wear glasses with observing. My Helios Naturesport 10x50 and 8x40 have that feature:

image.png.5b117977f2515ddf12027b3239809775.png