Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro Essentials Samyang Lens to M48 Adapter

FLO

6 hours ago, 900SL said:

Any chance you can make a similar connector for the Nikon F mount version of the SY 135? There's plenty of us Nikonians out there need one of these. The screw pattern is different for starters...

This conversation is over two years old and, until now, nobody has requested a different version but if enough (to make it cost effective) do then we will do our best. 

HTH, 

Steve 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

This conversation is over two years old and, until now, nobody has requested a different version but if enough (to make it cost effective) do then we will do our best. 

HTH, 

Steve 

The Sony versions of the lens are quite a bit cheaper than the Canon version on the second-hand market. I'm not sure if these require yet another version of the adapter but that might be worth considering. In the absence of a suitable adapter, @Tomatobro has made adapters for 3 of these lenses, but the lower second hand prices of the Sony version might make this a popular item if it was available.

To use the Sony version of the 135 F2 it requires the rear plastic extension piece to be removed and a custom shorter version to be machined up, Its held in place by the same three screws as per the plastic extension.

The rear of the aluminium extension is then machined to take a M42 adapter which Flo supplied.

When focused at infinity the rear lens is very close to being flush with the end of the adapter.

IMG_20221201_185639.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 01/12/2022 at 15:48, FLO said:

if enough (to make it cost effective) do then we will do our best

I am do interested too.

Would be great to have option for M48 and M42x075 (T2).

Edited by jgoluch

@jgoluch Not sure if it helps, but you can get an m42 adaptor for the Samyang 135 (canon mount) from ENS optical. 

https://ensoptical.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=13220

I have a bit of a Frankenstein setup, so I couldn’t get the correct backfocus with the m48 adaptor and my spacing rings, but the m42 adaptor linked above works fine. 

edit: read a bit further up the thread and your quote is related to a question about a nikon version. Apologies, this is another canon adaptor. Might be helpful to others though!

Edited by malftobe
Nikon text

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/12/2022 at 13:06, Tomatobro said:

To use the Sony version of the 135 F2 it requires the rear plastic extension piece to be removed and a custom shorter version to be machined up, Its held in place by the same three screws as per the plastic extension.

The rear of the aluminium extension is then machined to take a M42 adapter which Flo supplied.

When focused at infinity the rear lens is very close to being flush with the end of the adapter.

IMG_20221201_185639.jpg

I just 3d printed a version of this, but for the Fujifilm version. The PETG I used holds fine for now, but an adapter made of aluminum would work for all versions of this lens, not only for Canon.

Lens.jpg.24e5dde1580ca9ba26627f57654adc4b.jpgLens_2.jpg.a32a6628a1a955ad5cba497c1b4dbb9e.jpgLens_3.jpg.2d8cc8219c4a825484ba8117409abba3.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 01/12/2022 at 15:48, FLO said:

HTH, 

Steve 

Please, add me to your numbers. I just asked for the Nikon version to FLO support and already got the "just Canon" answer.