Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Please recommend a hard case for a Celestron C11 XLT OTA

I've looked at all the hard ware web sites, and there doesn't seem to be a suitable, reasonably priced case? 

The OTA measures about 62cm x 32cm, so looking for something at least 70cm x 40cm x 40cm INTERNAL dimensions, to accommodate for the foam or will possibly use the shipping white foam the OTA came in.

I just need it for safe storage in the house, and possibly transported every once in a while to a dark site of a star party in my car.

The Peli and JMI options are overkill for my needs, and obviously extortionately expensive Even the Celestron case at almost £300 is just too expensive.

There are some amazing cheap, yet sturdy options on Cloudy Nights, but they only available in the US. 

Many thanks

How do you feel about this one?

Compatible measurewise with the C11

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p7263_TS-Optics-padded-transport-bag-for-telescope-tubes-up-to-79-cm-length---35-cm-OD.html

Edit: Oh, sorry. Should have read better. You said hardcase, I see that now. Might still be an option though if nothing else turns up.

//Peter

Edited by Peter77
Didn't read.
  • Like 1

Try Googling "Drum case".  Seem to be some around £50 that are the size you require - They do both soft and hard (Fiberglass and/or moulded plastic) types.  There will also be a second hand market for these that may be worth a try on the usual sites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bizibilder said:

Try Googling "Drum case".  Seem to be some around £50 that are the size you require - They do both soft and hard (Fiberglass and/or moulded plastic) types.  There will also be a second hand market for these that may be worth a try on the usual sites.

Tried that. Found nothing suitable. 
this is getting frustrating. 

my search landed me on the Peli case 1660, which I think would fit, or the 1690 which would be even bigger and take more foam, but £250-£450 is ridiculous!

4 minutes ago, oymd said:

Tried that. Found nothing suitable. 
this is getting frustrating. 

my search landed me on the Peli case 1660, which I think would fit, or the 1690 which would be even bigger and take more foam, but £250-£450 is ridiculous!

Actually it’s £575 with foam, and weighs 15kgs EMPTY! And that’s the smaller 1660!!