Narrowband

Copernicus

Stardust

Hi, I've just done my first few tryouts with Lunar imaging. Not too bad I think but I'm really impressed with your pictures. I can see I've got a bit to learn. But I'm curious about the evident colour on your pictures. You mention colour saturation experiments. So is the colour on your pictures real but just enhanced and if I wanted to look into that myself where would be a good place to start?

Cheers

Steve

2 hours ago, woodblock said:

Hi, I've just done my first few tryouts with Lunar imaging. Not too bad I think but I'm really impressed with your pictures. I can see I've got a bit to learn. But I'm curious about the evident colour on your pictures. You mention colour saturation experiments. So is the colour on your pictures real but just enhanced and if I wanted to look into that myself where would be a good place to start?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, The colour is there with just increased levels of saturation. In photoshop or any software that allows layers. This only had 5 saturation layers  each one a copy of the previous. Can't tell you my settings as I can't remember, still fiddling around. The colour ads a new dimension for me, just the weather has really interfered with my new found enthusiasm.    

48 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Lovely image with really good colour, well done :)

Thanks you. Just seeing what I can get out of my Fuji camera to see if it's a worth while Luna tool. Itching to try the ZWO224 when the weather allows