Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

northantsstargazer

East Northants Astronomical Society - Proposal

The formation of a new society covering the area of East Northamptonshire is currently being proposed and as a member of the initial working party, I would be interested in hearing from any Stargazer lounge members in that area as to whether they are interested in being part of a new group.

We plan to start holding meetings in March 2009 with a strong focus on practical observing sessions alongside the usual lecture meetings.

Further details will be posted as they become available.

Regards

Mark

Mark,

What sort of area are you expecting to encompass. I may be interested but already attend Cov & Warwick AS and Rugby and District AS so there may be too much coverage here?

:(

Chris

Hi EastNorthantsStargazer have you had any more ideas on this?

I'm willing to help start one.

Hi - I'd be interested in joining up to a new group in this area and like the last post I'm more than willing offer any help in setting one up. Up until recently I'd been on the committee of another group for 21 years!

Hi Irthlingboroughastronomy.

It seems you live just across the valley from me (I'm in Higham Ferrers).

Haven't seen you for a while. How are you?

I'm doing really well thanks. Do you get any more clear skies on the other side of the River Nene than me?

I'm intending to come down to the Bedford group meeting at the end of this month and join up so will hopefully see you again then.

Steve

I won't be at Bedford at the end of the month.

I am observing and imaging at 2000m in Tenerife...

Can't wait to get away from this weather, that's for sure.

Do you not go to Kettering any more?

Let's arrange a meet for when I get back then?

All the best for Tenerife - the highest I can get is an extra 3 foot at the top of the backgarden!

Although I'm still a 'life' member at Kettering, i've left the committee and rarely go to there meetings anymore. Too many people playing politics for my liking!

Good idea meeting up for a beer sometime.

Hi I'm just starting out and live locally (Raunds) and would love to possibly meet up, pick up a few observing tips.

Thanks all for your replies and my apologies for being away so long. The current economic climate is keeping me tied up and away with work, so have had zero chance to do any astronomy.

It's good to know that many people are interested in joining up to a new group. I'm going to make some enquiries and see if we can get somewhere booked up for a few weeks time at which we can formulate some firm ideas. I'll post some more details here shortly (promise!).

Mark

As promised, I have now located a suitable venue for an inaugural meeting of this proposed new society.

The meeting will be held on Monday 6th April at The Friends Meeting House, St. John Street, Wellingborough at 7.45pm (opposite the Vauxhall dealership).

I propose the meeting to be informal and will give everyone the chance to discuss what they would like to see from a new society and what form of get togethers should be arranged. The meeting house has a piece of ground to it's front so we can hold an observing sessions afterwards if it's clear.

Everyone is welcome to come along. If you'd like any further details then please get in touch.

Mark

I'm there, so long as work doesn't get in the way, like last night, was hoping for a great observing session as it was fairly clear and didn't get out until 9.30 because i was writing a quote for a new website/client - got to pay for all this somehow.

Are we still on for tonight?

If so see you there.

Cheers

Dave

Yes - all is still on for this evening.

I'm working on the south side of London today, so hope to get back to the meeting a little later this evening. Knowing I will more than likely be delayed however, I met up with Steve (who I've known for a while) late last week. He has the key for the meeting venue and will open up. Steve is also taking along his laptop and projector so that if anyone wants to show some images they can do.

Hope to see you all a bit later!

unfortunately due to an unforseen personal issue, i will be unable to attend

I will aim to attend the next one if i may.

In the meantime if i can do anything, please let me know.

Thanks

Al

I will bring my laptop along and show some of my Tenerife Images.

See you there.

Dave