Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all :-)

Barry-W-Fenner

Hello Barry, welcome to a great site with loads of knowledgeable people.

Seeing Jupiter with it's moons or Saturns rings at any time is always a treat.

As for purchasing the BST Eye pieces, it's not a mistake because you have them now, and can always give them to me, when you fed up with them. 😉

Clear Skies.

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2020 at 18:07, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Hi John

Thank you for the welcome all the way from Down under!

I can only dream of bortle 4 skies, I bet they are amazing! One day I hope to get to a dark site and see the sky in all its wonder. However I wont want to return to my usual light polluted sky after that! 

I have seen a few of your pics from your astronomical Society, You look like you are a member of a great club. Its great to see the pics of people taking an interest in your scope, Hopefully it will inspire them to take up the hobby!

The bush fire smog is unbelievable. I hope things start to improve for you all real soon!

Regards

Barry something I left out of my initial message

You can also use your Dob for solar viewing

The hard plastic cover has an removable cap

Just sticky tape some Baader visual solar film underside, under the removable cap

The other detent hard cover, is to stow the removable cap

The attached Solar eclipse pic, was taken holding smart phone to eyepiece of my Dob, using baader film hard cover hence not good quality

You have flex or solid tube Dob

John

Lid Dob Baader Film.jpg

Solar Eclipse.jpg

Edited by cletrac1922
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Mick H said:

Hello Barry, welcome to a great site with loads of knowledgeable people.

Seeing Jupiter with it's moons or Saturns rings at any time is always a treat.

As for purchasing the BST Eye pieces, it's not a mistake because you have them now, and can always give them to me, when you fed up with them. 😉

Clear Skies.

Thank you Mick,

To be fair you might have a fight on your hands, My 6yr old Nephew has his eye on my BST collecting. I think he only likes them because of the different colour's they come in though 🙂

Regards

Baz

12 hours ago, cletrac1922 said:

Barry something I left out of my initial message

You can also use your Dob for solar viewing

The hard plastic cover has an removable cap

Just sticky tape some Baader visual solar film underside, under the removable cap

The other detent hard cover, is to stow the removable cap

The attached Solar eclipse pic, was taken holding smart phone to eyepiece of my Dob, using baader film hard cover hence not good quality

John

Lid Dob Baader Film.jpg

Solar Eclipse.jpg

Thanks John! I had no idea what the removable cap was for! It was on my list of things to find out. Where did you get the baadar film from? I would like to do this modification. 

Appreciate your advice.

Baz

11 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Thanks John! I had no idea what the removable cap was for! It was on my list of things to find out. Where did you get the baadar film from? I would like to do this modification. 

Appreciate your advice.

Baz

Baz

I just purchased from my local astronomy shop

Where you are, FLO should be able to supply

Only need one sheet

I also made a cap for my finderscope as well, using aerosol can plastic caps, and piece of cardboard tube 

Baader cover finderscope.jpg

Baader cover finderscope 2.jpg

On 15/01/2020 at 08:43, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Hi John,

I was skimming over this thread again as I am looking to do the solar film modification and noticed I didn't answer the above. I have the solid tube 200p model. Bar a couple more mods (the film included) I have almost got it how I want it and am really enjoying it.

Regards

barry