Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helen Sharman.

barkis

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

Ron, looks like we have alien chickens over here too, not something you see every day.

DPP_3024.thumb.JPG.599fc0b3556eb878bc08e05a0219e534.JPG

Happy free roaming chickens, seem to like my garden too.

Alan

4 Yolkers too, you are a  lucky guy Alan. ☺️

13 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I can see fried eggs taking over from those horrendous tangerine biscuits (what are they called?)* on SGL. Jolly good thing, too.

Olly

I remember: Jaffa cakes. Give me alien slime any day!!!!

'Heavens to Murgatroyd' Olly , are you seriously berating Jaffa Cakes, the glue that cemented SGL Star Parties in byegone
times, parties that enjoyed the presence of the Legendary Steve L. , Astro. photographer extraordinaire. If I'm correct, twas he who
propelled that excellent piece of confectionery into SGL Folklore. Shame on you sir. 😖

Ron.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, barkis said:

'Heavens to Murgatroyd' Olly , are you seriously berating Jaffa Cakes, the glue that cemented SGL Star Parties in byegone
times, parties that enjoyed the presence of the Legendary Steve L. , Astro. photographer extraordinaire. If I'm correct, twas he who
propelled that excellent piece of confectionery into SGL Folklore. Shame on you sir. 😖

Ron.

Well I was a great admirer of SteveL, and greatly miss him, so I stand chastized on the matter of those horrendous monuments to the processed food industry!

😁lly

• Like 1

We (well my friend Jean) made SteveL a full size proper Jaffa cake when his birthday was during a starparty.  It took a bit of testing to get the jelly flavour right, but was epic when done!  No argument over whether it was biscuit or cake 😋.  I think even Olly would have approved!

Helen

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Helen said:

We (well my friend Jean) made SteveL a full size proper Jaffa cake when his birthday was during a starparty.  It took a bit of testing to get the jelly flavour right, but was epic when done!  No argument over whether it was biscuit or cake 😋.  I think even Olly would have approved!

Helen

My best wishes to Jean Helen, I hope she's keeping well.

7 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Well I was a great admirer of SteveL, and greatly miss him, so I stand chastized on the matter of those horrendous monuments to the processed food industry!

😁lly

You can always smear some Marmite on them if they're too sweet for you Olly.     😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Its funny how threads and posts get truncated by the "Recently Posted" preview pane. Peters last post comes over as this. Poor Helen ! :icon_biggrin:

By Peter Drew · Posted 8 minutes ago

You can always smear some Marmite on them if they're too sweet for you Olly.     😃

I'm outta here!!!!!

Olly

8 hours ago, barkis said:

My best wishes to Jean Helen, I hope she's keeping well.

Thanks Ron, I'll pass your good wishes on (she has some health challenges at the moment).

Happy new year to you and Patricia 🤗

Helen (and Mike!)

• Thanks 1

On 06/01/2020 at 14:01, Alfian said:

I've visited Bacup a good many times and a couple of friends are from the town. In all the times in or around there I have to say the people I met were mostly humanoid. 

Could you put that as a %? Like 80% humanoid? Any idea what their other 20% is made up of? 😝

8 hours ago, haitch said:

Could you put that as a %? Like 80% humanoid? Any idea what their other 20% is made up of? 😝

A tricky one. Appearances are just skin deep and defining what a human should look like is a minefield I'd prefer not to walk into. However behaviour might be a pointer. What constitutes civilised behaviour, even allowing plenty of elbow room for differing opinions, may offer better clues. If "uncivilised" behaviour is an indicator to non-human presence, then Helen Sharman may have a point, in fact world wide infiltration looks certain.😉

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alfian said:

A tricky one. Appearances are just skin deep and defining what a human should look like is a minefield I'd prefer not to walk into. However behaviour might be a pointer. What constitutes civilised behaviour, even allowing plenty of elbow room for differing opinions, may offer better clues. If "uncivilised" behaviour is an indicator to non-human presence, then Helen Sharman may have a point, in fact world wide infiltration looks certain.😉

Judge them by their driving behaviour. They cannot risk easy discovery.
If they can drive well then they are quite clearly alien.
Though probably not transparent. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1