Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Aramcheck

Free Practical Astronomy Show - 2020 (Kettering)

Don't think this has been mentioned before - apologies if it has...

Free 1-day Practical Astronomy show in Kettering? (21st March 2020)
https://practicalastroshow.com/

A couple of the online talks from 2019 were quite interesting: SharpCap's Dr. Robin Glover on optimising exposure times (https://youtu.be/3RH93UvP358) + Damian Peach on high res. planetary astrophotography:- (https://youtu.be/3RH93UvP358)

We're going to combine it with a trip to the National Space Centre in Leicester - should be a good weekend!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I attended this last year and it was really excellent. I will be going again this year. 

@FLO I see you are not listed as an exhibitor at the moment? 

Adam

Google maps says 4 hour 30 min minimum. For a one day show I think I'll pass.

Myself and a couple of friends went last year and it was excellent. Far better than astro fest IMO. We didn't go to any talks, but spent the day oggling some beautiful kit. I really wanted to play jenga with Rother Valley 's Tak stack, but my mates talked me out of it. There were some great displays and getting to fiddle around with stuff I can't afford was great fun. We drove down from Lancashire, so no small trek, but it was well worth the effort. I also got to meet a few guys from SGL which made things even better. It was so enjoyable in fact, that were almost certain to make the journey a second time for the 2020 event.

Edited by mikeDnight

I'm pleased to confirm that Go Stargazing will be exhibiting at this year's Practical Astronomy Show 2020 -- if you are going too please do stop by and say Hi!

• Like 2

Went last year. Excellent day.

Good spread of exhibitors from shiny new stuff I could never afford, right down to used bits for a few quid.
Met a few interesting folks.
Enjoyed the Sharpcap talk.

In the diary for this year.