Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

pixinsight blocked?

Calzune

I have the same issue on one of my PC's (Windows 10). I have tried everything I can possibly think of, including disable firewall etc. but no luck. On 2 other PC's (also win10) on the same LAN I do not have this problem.  I have given up trying to figure this out. So if anyone has any tips, I'm interested too.

Try uninstalling your web browser completely. Reboot and reinstall but without any virus or firewall protection. Be careful obviously download the installation software before dissabling any protection. Reinstall whilst disconnected from the web. Then try going to the Pixinsight website and see what happens before restarting the virus/firewall. 

Derek 

That error makes it look as though something is rejecting your network traffic for some reason.  I assume the mobile is using the same network when it works, not going via the mobile carrier?

James

I have not tried on a mobile, that was the OP. But on the my PC that will not connect I have tried the following:

Does not connect in Google Chrome

Does not connect In Microsoft Edge

VMware running windows 10 guest (on the same PC)  - does not connect in Google Chrome.

But VMware running  some Linux distro guest (on the same PC) does connect!!! That just makes no sense (given that vmware with windows guest does not connect). But rules out any issues in the router.

Very odd.  That makes it look as though something in Windows is deliberately preventing you from connecting.  The only other possible issue I can think of is that Windows doesn't like the SSL certificate that they're using, but I'd expect a different error for that.

James

Yes, as mentioned I have 2 other physical win10 pc's that connects ok. So it must be something on that PC, but I cant figure out what. I just might copy the win10 VMware to one of those PC and see if it connects there.

Also I do remeber that the PC that does not connect to it did so sometime in the past (before I bougt Pixinsight).

Edited by Viktiste

• 4 weeks later...