SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Robert Brown Arduino dew controller build, step by step

JamesF

2 hours ago, DaveSw said:

Yes, that's the one.  Thanks for your kind offer, I look forward to hearing how it turns out. (not sure if it's important but I working with a version 4 Pi)

Dave

RPI 4 latest version running Astroberry

On 08/01/2020 at 12:31, Gina said:

I've used Mini-DIN connectors in the past but found them dreadful.  Standard DIN connectors are also dreadful.  Rarely see them these days so I guess that proves my point!  Cheap and nasty is not the way to go for astro!  Don't "spoil the ship for a hap'orth of tar"!!

I use GX12 "aviation" connectors and find them very good.  Better than XLR though they aren't bad.

Brilliant I'm building a battery box and was looking for better connections rather than cigarette ones. 

3 hours ago, fozzybear said:

so far got it to compile now to find an esp32 to flash and test so work in progress then off to Robert to add 2021-05-25-215820_1920x1080_scrot.thumb.png.f6664f24952297a5d9755faf3c1cc829.png

if you fix the issue with the text being difficult to read let me know I have spent hours trying different themes and combinations and I still cant read it all

13 hours ago, CedricTheBrave said:

if you fix the issue with the text being difficult to read let me know I have spent hours trying different themes and combinations and I still cant read it all

Me to had to faff around different themes. To edit the program  source theme colours would be laborious and started to mess around with it but got completely confused what i was doing and trying to achieve so gave in

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

Me to had to faff around different themes. To edit the program  source theme colours would be laborious and started to mess around with it but got completely confused what i was doing and trying to achieve so gave in

Linux app updated to v007
v007
Change clNone attribute for all form captions/text to allow control by using themes

Source code in zip file
https://sourceforge.net/projects/esp32-dew-controller/files/Linux Apps/

Let me know how it goes - you have to recompile source of course. If there are issues post a screenshot here or email me the screenshot and I will address it.

Cheers

Robert

Edited by brown_rb
Add additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, brown_rb said:

v007
Change clNone attribute for all form captions/text to allow control by using themes

Source code in zip file

Let me know how it goes - you have to recompile source of course. If there are issues post a screenshot here or email me the screenshot and I will address it.

Cheers

Robert

Done on the RPI

2021-05-26-162331_1920x1080_scrot.png

56 minutes ago, brown_rb said:

v007

Source code in zip file

Cheers

Robert

Cheers Robert

I recompiled and seems to be working just have to test it with an esp32. I'll send you the files and what I did. Can you do the same for for the myDewControllerPro3-Linux or let me know how via email and i'll have a go.

Regards

Andy

5 hours ago, brown_rb said:

I will do the myDCP3 Linux app tomorrow. Today was a major update of the myFP2ESP code.

Regards

Robert

Robert I emailed you a link to the RPi compiled ESP32 version 

Andy

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 19/11/2020 at 18:49, fozzybear said:

James,

Robert has a Linux version written for Ubuntu. It was compiled in Lazarus Pascal v2.02

https://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinonanodewcontrollerpro/files/myDewControllerPro v300 3channel/CODE LINUX/

When I try and run the executable nothing happens on my RPi

Andy

I have just finished writing an Indi driver that implements all features of the mydewcontrollerpro 3 fw 340+. The driver is now included in indiLib under auxiliary drivers. optionstab.png.7bcc3d6023517c9b1b6c2dea8224c44a.pngmaintab.png.dc79e6a1c4df1a7c9f8663f88bc1fe3f.pngboardfantab.png.9537857370cc1f1ee279694fc38977f8.pngOffsetstab.png.9644e83312b6e2579830f938e6588082.pngLCDDisplaytab.png.d357a27f4fafe4181f1591c70b11999e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, chemistorge said:

I have just finished writing an Indi driver that implements all features of the mydewcontrollerpro 3 fw 340+. The driver is now included in indiLib under auxiliary drivers. optionstab.png.7bcc3d6023517c9b1b6c2dea8224c44a.pngmaintab.png.dc79e6a1c4df1a7c9f8663f88bc1fe3f.pngboardfantab.png.9537857370cc1f1ee279694fc38977f8.pngOffsetstab.png.9644e83312b6e2579830f938e6588082.pngLCDDisplaytab.png.d357a27f4fafe4181f1591c70b11999e.png

I see you have been in contact with @brown_rb so he can add the info to the PDF great job done.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fozzybear said:

I see you have been in contact with @brown_rb so he can add the info to the PDF great job done.

Thank you, I like all controls in one place for my Astro rig and also if I use a remote set up I couldn’t access the dew controller.  That was the reason for writing the driver. I hope others find it useful. 

After talking with Jasem (Indi) the driver will be available from source (Indi Github) or through the nightly builds (PPA details) and in the upcoming stable release on 31st March.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I thught I would have a go at this having had success with the my focus pro. However, when I try to compile I get this error message:

myQueue.h: No such file or directory

Looking in the myqueue folder there is a notepad file.

I am pretty sure (several repeat downloads and unzipping as well as redefining the library path) that I have set this up ok, but to no avail.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Ian

1 hour ago, IDM said:

Hi,

I thught I would have a go at this having had success with the my focus pro. However, when I try to compile I get this error message:

myQueue.h: No such file or directory

Looking in the myqueue folder there is a notepad file.

I am pretty sure (several repeat downloads and unzipping as well as redefining the library path) that I have set this up ok, but to no avail.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Ian

which version are you using?

There should be eight folders in the myDewController Libraries folder
    myDallasTemperature
    myDHT21
    myEEPROM
    myOLED
    myQueue
    mySparkfunHTU21D
    newliquidCrystal
    OneWire

Move these folders to the Arduino\libraries folder in your Documents folder (for windows). Replace any existing folders or files.

Do not edit or replace any of these files. They have been edited and modified to use with the myDewControllerPro firmware

• Like 1