Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light Astrophysics 130EDT

At last the skies were clear and I’m off from work so I took the 130 out for my first look set the AZ pro up and fired it up it did it’s 

merry dance and started the alignment set up it used the moon as this was obvious to pick out and almost centered it in my 35mm Panoptic a few adjustments later it was all aligned 

I spent a fair while studying the image of the moon it was flawless and pin sharp the shadows in the craters were the crispest I’ve seen any scope I have owned and the whole image looked so clear and crisp  I pushed the GoTo to Uranus it slewed straight to it showing a pale green orb disc so sharp then onto Neptune a beautiful blue disc appeared by this time M42 was coming round so Over to that we went again so sharp and detailed it seemed as though I was viewing through my TMB 152 all the stars of trapezium were there with ease did a star test perfect inside and outside of focus it truly is a wonderful scope to use and manage I understand now why these don’t come up to often on the used market it seems the 130 is a perfect balance of aperture to weight and matched with my AZ Pro a very portable set up really hoping for lots of clear nights now .

516C0401-0B03-48F1-86C3-79BAFFE544A0.jpeg

Edited by garryblueboy
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, John said:

Great report Garry :thumbright:

You have a set of fabulous scopes there !

I wonder how the AZ Pro mount would handle my LZOS/TMB 130 F/9.2 triplet :icon_scratch:

Is your AZ Pro stock specification ?

Hi john thanks yes it’s stock well with the pier extension and I’m using the tri pier tripod balance is key but once that’s archived it’s a breeze and slews merrily away it even handles  my TMB 152  ok  

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

Nice to see that the scope is living up to it’s lofty reputation!

Looking toward to many more observing reports.

Paul

Hi Paul thanks yes it certainly does live up to its high reputation and will def update on hopefully many more great nights 

Edited by garryblueboy
  • Thanks 1

Sweet set up Garry.

I have an astro friend in EMS who uses a AZ Pro with his (similar sized) WO FLT132

and it handles that very nicely. I'm always impressed with how quickly the thing slews around, and how quietly.

My own views of the M42 Trapezium with my new TEC have not yet yielded the elusive E & F stars 🙄. Poor sky's and seeing have scuppered that.

I've only had 3 or 4 goes at it, and not had a chance at all for a month, as its perpetual cloud at night here in Derby.

• Like 1