Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Piero

COMPLETED - Selling Vixen HRs - WITHDRAWN

Posted (edited)

As part of my equipment reduction, I'm selling the following items:

• Vixen HR 3.4mm (like new) £200
  • Vixen HR 2.4mm (like new) £200
  • 1.25" Lunt Herschel Wedge (prism, ND filter, and wedge housing structure like new. Locking screw requires tapping and threading. Hence the discount) £80 SOLD

The Vixen HR are the best eyepieces I have ever owned. A few members on CN matched them with the Pentax XO. No light scattering and incredibly sharp. In my opinion colour tone is neutral and sits in between the Docter UWA and my Zeiss Zoom eyepieces. Eye relief is comfortable if spectacles are not used (which should not at high magnification).

The Lunt Herschel Wedge is an excellent tool for white light solar observing using a refractor. It works even better when combined with a Baader solar continuum filter in my opinion. The hole of the locking screw of the solar wedge requires tapping/threading. Apart from that, everything is in excellent conditions, essentially indistinguishable from new items.

Caps and boxes (hard case for the wedge) are included, of course.

Price includes 1st class RM signed-for. Payment via PayPal (as friends) or bank transfer. Collection from Cambridge also available if preferred.

Thanks for looking,

Piero

IMG_20200104_121405.thumb.jpg.0a8221788c4361e4a11e28a0d4751e5f.jpg

IMG_20200104_121751.thumb.jpg.e33a3d3fabb1f9af480771a2f2ec65ad.jpg

IMG_20200104_121845.thumb.jpg.27ef0aedd15756bc6a94110939ad5c85.jpg

IMG_20200104_120859.thumb.jpg.b66a548f45d955dfe1efdaf4486ac373.jpg

IMG_20200104_120956.thumb.jpg.00569edb2e2ac1549fb2e5717d869340.jpg

Edited by Piero

Has locking screw thread on your Lunt Wedge been cross threaded?

Just bought a new Lunt/APM wedge. :-((. Wish I had waited now lol. Too much money from people for Xmas burning a hole in my pocket so got rid of it quickly. 

Good luck with the sale. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1.25" Lunt Herschel Wedge SOLD.

Withdrawn. Feel free to archive this advert.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Space_man
      Hey everyone
      I am very new to everything to do with astronomy/looking through a telescope and I have recently bought my first scope (a 8" dob) which came with a 25mm and a 10mm eyepiece but I am looking to upgrade but don't know what is good.
      Any help or advice on what eyepieces I should be looking at buying would be much appreciated (budget is anywhere form 0 to 100 pounds per eyepiece)
    • By Simon Dunsmore
      Hi, 
      I'm looking for a Panaview wide angle eye piece. 32 or 38mm. Willing to pay up to £50 or would consider swapping Canon 1000d.
      Thanks 
      Simon 
    • By Kronos831
      Hi there! I’m looking forward towards purchasing a new wide FOV eyepiece from FLO (first light Optics ) and I do to know which one to pick!
      i will be using it on my f/6 8” Skywatcher dob and hoping to get good views of the Orion’s nebula , (large nebulae in general) andromeda and others.
      I ve heard the panaview 32mm is a good choice but I d like to know about the other options as well. I would like the budget to be around 100€
      Clear skies, Kronos.
    • By redhat
      Hello everyone,
      Bit of a backround: I've been a keen stargazer when in my teenage years, then couldn't pursuit my passion, but recently, in my forties, it hit me again, as I moved  and life is good (South facing large garden, obstructed only from the North by our house, but then I just move the scope further and viola!). Started with 90mm refractor, but was always thinking of reflector.
      Long story short, I've got my SkyWatcher Star Discovery 150P GOTO a week ago. Bought it second hand, very good condition, and good mirror. Have got two nights stargazing, cought cold and I AM LOVING IT.
      Now I would like to get me a nice wide angle ep for DSO spotting.
      The scope is 150mm / 750mm f5. I've done some reading obviously, and Explore Scientific 82 degree series have all good reviews and fit within my budget. I can afford only one, and apparently  the best for DSOs is the one that gives 2mm exit pupil. Now, for my scope that would be 10mm piece, and that is not within ES 82 degree range, so it's down to 11mm (2.2mm exit pupil) or 8.8mm (1.76mm exit pupil).
      My question is: which one would be better for my rediscovered passion? I'm gonna be using that ep for faint mostly.
      Thanks to  everyone in advance for any kind advise.

• By Piero
      I am considering this eyepiece for my refractors. It would be used with and without Baader barlow 2.25x.
      Has anybody tried this combo?
      In the past I tried the BCO 10mm, but I let it go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.