Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkySafari 6 Pro - Keyboard Issues

AdeKing

I'm hoping that someone out there might be able to assist me with a SkySafari 6 problem.

I'm using SS 6 Pro (ver 6.6.0.1) on a Huawei P20 running Android 9.

The Issue that I have is that the "Redden Keyboard" option in SkySafari leaves the number row at the top of the keyboard uncovered, thus defeating the point of running night mode.

I've tried going into the Android settings and telling GBoard not to display a dedicated number row.  It does this in virtually all apps, but for some reason SS6 always displays a qwerty keyboard with a dedicated number row which the redden keyboard setting does not cover.  I cannot work out how to either get the whole keyboard reddened or how to remove the dedicated number row.

Has anyone else run into this issue, or is this yet another oddity particular to the Huawei P20.

Screenshot_20200104_001718_com.simulationcurriculum.skysafari6pro.jpg

• 2 years later...

The keyboard reddening is one of the trickier areas for the Skysafari developers. Apparently it's not very easy to do in Android, and then they have to cater for different Android versions, different phones and different soft keyboards.

To get some consistency, they have introduced their own bespoke soft keyboard for SS7, but I'm not sure if it's available for V6. Another option is to install a third-party alternative to GBoard that is already coloured red.

I think the behaviour around displaying/not displaying the number row comes down to how the input fields are defined. They know there's some inconsistency, which they are addressing in SS7.

• Like 1