Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Bizibilder

The Moon 3 January 2020

My first "Moon" for almost a year!  (last one was 10th Feb 2019!!!).  Been a bit busy lately.  Also surprised myself that I could (almost) remember what to do to control the scope, camera and get an image - there were a few naughty words spoken getting everything working properly.  The kit was fine - it was just me being a bit rusty :) 

67218261_3Jan2020MoonMosaicPNG.thumb.png.b0e161605d831c6680614ffab5733e75.png

Seven mono panes with 200 from 1000 frames stacked in each.

• Like 8

Just managed my first moon of 2020 🙂 

Great image btw! Fingers crossed for more clear nights.

2 hours ago, Bizibilder said:

My first "Moon" for almost a year!  (last one was 10th Feb 2019!!!).  Been a bit busy lately.  Also surprised myself that I could (almost) remember what to do to control the scope, camera and get an image - there were a few naughty words spoken getting everything working properly.  The kit was fine - it was just me being a bit rusty :) 

Seven mono panes with 200 from 1000 frames stacked in each.

What a cracker, and even better full resolution.  If I remember right, it can be tricky to balance the exposure so nothing is blown out or too dark - looks like you have it spot on.

Thanks for sharing.