Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC410 12hr Exposure

HunterHarling

I captured OIII data the other night and was able to get a bi-color image. This is my first color image of 2020 and it looks like it's going to be a good year for astronomy.

This is a pretty quick process, I'm considering adding RGB for the stars but there are other great targets that I could be imaging... Probably won't be adding SII though, since my SHO images seem to turn out worse than my HOO ones.

Ha: 55x430s

OIII: 45x430s

Thanks for looking, as always comments appreciated.

IC410Nebula.thumb.jpg.e0411b6d7e5529dc2e7c9860cf3b86ae.jpg

• Like 22

Fantastic image.

This is going to be my next target.  

I think I will take your lead and go for Ha and OIII only.  Might add just a few RGBs just to get coloured stars.

Edited by wornish
typo
  • Like 1

Very nice Hunter the hours of integration show a very smooth image. 

Regarding the RGB stars, I am trying to make a habit of doing these, and I do very short 150sec binned RGB subs and I find just for the stars about 3 of each is plenty.  150secs x 3 x 3 = 900 secs (15mins), I just do them in sequence whilst capturing the Ha and Oiii and once I have 3 of each I stop capturing them).

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, carastro said:

Very nice Hunter the hours of integration show a very smooth image. 

Regarding the RGB stars, I am trying to make a habit of doing these, and I do very short 150sec binned RGB subs and I find just for the stars about 3 of each is plenty.  150secs x 3 x 3 = 900 secs (15mins), I just do them in sequence whilst capturing the Ha and Oiii and once I have 3 of each I stop capturing them).

Carole 

Thanks, Carole. Would binning 2x2 be helpful for a CMOS camera? I'm surprised that 150s is enough, I'll have to try this on my next image.