Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LOWSPEC 3.0 now on Thingiverse

Paul Gerlach

Just want to let you know that I've just uploaded the updated version of the LOWSPEC spectrometer.

This version has an improved slit holder which will ensure that the whole slit length can be used. It's now possible to change different gratings easily and quickly via a redesigned grating holder system that uses magnets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4ihnS_naTo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32eXb0y9zA

Unfortunately this also meant that the main body had to be changed and parts of the focussing unit.
The good news is that you can reuse all optical components, the slit holder assembly (although I would recommend to replace the slit holder disc with the new version), the guide pick-off mirror, the guide lens holder, the main mirror holder and, the collimator holder.

lowspec_3_3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good revision to the grating holder Paul; I really like the easy swap out functionality of the design.  I'm just about nearing completion of mine using the previsions design, assembling the optical components now.  It's a great thing you have done sharing this with the community, thanks again.  :) 

Jim 

Edited by saac

1 minute ago, Paul Gerlach said:

Louise,

Thanks for pointing that out.
I've got you covered.  At the bottom of the Thingiverse file list you'll find a zip file (LOWSPEC2.0(old).zip) with old the LOWSPEC 2.0 files.

Paul

Oh ok, that's reassuring - thanks! I'm sure I'll be ok to keep the files I have anyway. I'm pretty sure I have backups of all my important files on an external hdd but I'll double check my backups are up to date :)

Louise