Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

GordonD

Crescent Moon through new Camera

Bit of a Christmas present - new ZWO ASI290MC. I have used an unguided DSLR before, but this is the first time with a dedicated astro camera. Videos taken on 30th December, early evening. Trying to learn how to use Firecapture and Autostakkert. There are a lot of wires, what with the camera, PC and a new dew heater strap as well!

This is a mosaic of 4 images at prime focus of a SW120ED. Photoshop Elements did an excellent job of stitching them together with no help or guidance from me, which I though was impressive. A bit over processed I suspect, but pleased with it for a first go.

20200101_Moon_stitch.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I was out there also on the 30th and just admiring the crescent Moon, and you`ve` captured it just right. Well done. Des

• Thanks 1

Top notch, that's a beautiful photo, great sharpness, brightness and contrast spot on.  Thanks for posting it Gordon. 

Ah you'r very kind, Paul. Thank you.

And yes I agree, Des, I did take time after all the faffing (and fun!) with the photo kit to put an eyepiece back in and just sit, and look, and enjoy the view. Important, I think, not to forget that is the best bit.

Beautiful image, wonderful detail, contrast is great, i would frame it, if it were mine.