Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My 2019 Journey

AndyThilo

My 2019 journey. From my first ever astro photo of Andromeda on the 18th Nov with a self modified Canon 60D, to the Rosette Nebula on the 30th Dec with my ASI294MC Pro.

An incredible learning curve and completely different discipline to the sports and nature photography I'd shot before. But I'm hooked and always looking at the weather forecast and planning my next shoot.

49309140528_b94f505950_b.jpg2019 Astrophotography Collage by Andy Thilo, on Flickr

• Like 8

1 hour ago, knobby said:

Nice, it really does dig it's claws in doesn't it ... Astrophotography, rewarding, frustrating, amazing, but never dull !

It does! The first stretch after integration always (mostly lol) makes me smile. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomato said:

A great start and tremendous progress in a short space of time.

Let’s hope the UK weather in 2020 does not conspire to curb our collective enthusiasm for this hobby.👍

Thank you. Yeah it’s certainly a challenge in the UK lol. In a weird way I like it, gives me time to learn processing and plan my next shoot.