Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Witching New Year

petevasey

More difficult than I expected, the Witchhead nebula in Eridanus has always been on my must do list, but always eluded me.  Until last night!  Although I was out at friends to see the New Year in, I was able to leave things running from around 9.30 pm  with the dome drive doing it's business, and got an uninterrupted flow of images for around 6 hours starting with the target on the 'wrong' side of the Equatorial mount.  Had to scrap a couple from the end of the run - too low in the sky.  But this is the result of 11 luminance and 6 each RGB, all 10 minutes binned 2x2.  QSI 683 on TS65 quad refractor.  But as I say, difficult - it's a faint target and low in the sky for me, never rising above 28 degrees altitude so lacking in contrast.  I might have another go this winter if the weather is kind for more data around the transit.  But for now (and maybe for ever for me!) this will have to do.  North is down to show the profile at its witchiest.

Cheers and a Happy New Year to all

Peter

Witchhead.jpg

Edited by petevasey
  • Like 4