Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC1499 mosaic

tooth_dr

This is my first time using SGPro, and despite lots of issues with platesolving (now resolved I think), I managed to do a quick 6 panel mosaic of the California Nebula.

Total integration time 1 hour 53 minutes, approx 20 minutes per panel.

The sky wasnt clear, but sort of suitable for testing and getting used to new software.  If SGPro works as intended I'm looking forward to doing some mosaics with it and the 180εd

CS

Adam.

St-avg-6780.0s-LNMWC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-MBB10_2ndLNC_it3-mod-mod-lpc-St-processed.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Very nice result and well processed, despite the unfavourable conditions. At least now you know how to do it, once you get really clear skies. 

Thanks Wim. And just looking at that, a 2x4 mosaic would probably give a more pleasing ratio. 

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks Wim. And just looking at that, a 2x4 mosaic would probably give a more pleasing ratio. 

Or a slight crop of the top and bottom. Just above the star halo in the lower right corner, eg. The image is very soft, so you must have had high cloud while gathering the data. But it's certainly worthwhile to revisit this area when conditions are better.

Happy New Year, hopefully with more clear skies than this one. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Or a slight crop of the top and bottom. Just above the star halo in the lower right corner, eg. The image is very soft, so you must have had high cloud while gathering the data. But it's certainly worthwhile to revisit this area when conditions are better.

Happy New Year, hopefully with more clear skies than this one. 

Totally clouded out with thin cloud, the sort you can see the brighter stars through. I wouldn’t have imaged at all only I wanted to get SGP working.  Conditions were indeed poor

Very nice test of the software. I am  also new to SGP, and couldn’t resist using the mosaic tool first time out. It worked really well on the first night, but have struggled since when trying to go back and capture more data on specific panels. 

The plate solving does make you lazy, no more eyeballing through the Telrad.😎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomato said:

Very nice test of the software. I am  also new to SGP, and couldn’t resist using the mosaic tool first time out. It worked really well on the first night, but have struggled since when trying to go back and capture more data on specific panels. 

The plate solving does make you lazy, no more eyeballing through the Telrad.😎

Thanks. That is something that I need to look into to - how to save a mosaic plan.