Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

tico

Serial number Lunt solar telescope

Hello, 

i like know how long is the Lunt LS60T model with a serial number: 20111741

It,s a used telescope and I have the opportunity  to buy this ítem.

In your opinión 1200 euro is a good price?

Very thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tico

Hi Tico. I think it’s a 2011 scope - so coming up to 9 years old. The price depends on a number of factors. Is it pressure tuned or tilt tuned? What size blocking filter does it come with? B600 or B1200? And does it have the standard Crayford focuser, or a Feathertouch?

If buying new, a pressure tuned, B1200, Feathertouch version will cost more than 1000 euros more than a tilt, B600, model with the basic focuser. 
1200 euros sounds like a lot for a 9 year old Lunt 60, but if it’s well looked after, has the more expensive features, and most importantly, delivers great views, then it may be a good choice.

As a possible option, Astroshop (retailer in Germany) has been selling off its tilt tuned LS60s at reduced prices recently. You might be able to pick up a brand new LS60 there for only a couple of hundred euros more.

To follow on from my last post, Astroshop is still selling new tilt tuned LS60s for £1370. If you can stretch to that, a very good deal.

Yeah, it's 2011, only issue to be aware of is if the blue filter on the blocking filter has deteriorated but even then these are replaced free of charge by Bresser eu. I bought mine second hand 2011 model pressure tuned and bf1200 ordinary focuser for £1250. The scope new are twice that. Just my cents worth. I've since upgraded with a 2014 double stack unit. 

IMG_20191229_142105.jpg