SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M8 and M20

Rodd

Not sure why but this image has given me more trouble than most.  There is a balance between brightness and subtlety in the star field saturation and brightness that has eluded me through countless versions.  I processed for days before I realized my screen brightness was set at 100%--not good!  I then realized I had forgotten to insert the Lum!  I think I have reached a point where I can be content.   I prefer RGB nebula, but the starfield was too dark without the lum.  As such, the nebulae in this image are mostly RGB, while the starfield and surrounding clouds are LRGB.   I think the image looks best hardly stretched right after channel combination.   Then again, that is usually the case with all my images.  I guess it boils down to a minimalist approach to processing.  The best data needs a light hand.  Me Hulk! Smash!

FSq 106 with .6x reducer  L 218  30 sec, R: 110; G: 151; B: 109 (all 30 sec)

LRGB-5.thumb.jpg.584a90ecdbc7116ad65eb68ace7e3c0d.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 14