Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5-III 290 Mono or QHY5-III 178

bottletopburly

Both QH5s have superior specs but I would go, with the QHY5III178. Both frame rates are over 100 fps, which is more than enough; they aren't struggling, with 13-30 fps. Its supposed to have a superior sensor, with high effiiency; I have never used it but have an idea. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 30/12/2019 at 21:10, bottletopburly said:

Went for the 290mm  higher FPS and will work well on the qhy miniguide scope after talking to Bern at modern astronomy.

Hi,

I wonder if you have any feedback after using the 290mm for a while. 

I am looking to get this too.

19 minutes ago, DroneSaif said:

Hi,

I wonder if you have any feedback after using the 290mm for a while. 

I am looking to get this too.

Great for using as a guide cam no issues using my why guide scope , not got around to using for planetary yet , used via a USB 3port on pc , had an issue using latest sharp cap polar align not playing ball but had used previously with no issues eventually got it to work to PA and solve.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Great for using as a guide cam no issues using my why guide scope , not got around to using for planetary yet , used via a USB 3port on pc , had an issue using latest sharp cap polar align not playing ball but had used previously with no issues eventually got it to work to PA and solve.

Is this the scope you are using for guiding ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32881302355.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.75133c001JjErg&mp=1