Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2020


Physopto
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Cool, it may need some settling time, when you arrive on site 😳

I've added bentonite finings at the end of the fermentation process, so hopefully it should be clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, merlin100 said:

I've added bentonite finings at the end of the fermentation process, so hopefully it should be clear.

I have carried thousands of tons of  Bentonite over the years. Bet you paid through the nose as well. 🤣

Derek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Physopto said:

I have carried thousands of tons of  Bentonite over the years. Bet you paid through the nose as well. 🤣

Derek

£3 odd for 100g!😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

 I took thousands of tons out to the rigs during the 80's. Used for the drilling. That and Barite and Cement.

That would put you on the loo, if you drank it! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I shan't be at the star camp -- opposite end of the country to me, but the homebrew comments caught my eye :)  That looks like a very pale brew.  I was expecting more red colour from something called "copper".

This is my glass at the moment:

homebrew1-rotated.jpg

Made to a recipe for Old Speckled Hen.

James

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I shan't be at the star camp -- opposite end of the country to me, but the homebrew comments caught my eye :)  That looks like a very pale brew.  I was expecting more red colour from something called "copper".

This is my glass at the moment:

homebrew1-rotated.jpg

Made to a recipe for Old Speckled Hen.

James

It's probably the artificial light. I'll take a photo in the daylight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Folks,

I contacted Lesley on Monday and explained why I am unable to attend this Autumn Gathering.   Shame.......

I am already booked in for the Spring event.

Lesley not doubt will fill you in with the details, in the meantime........ trust the weather is kind and the skies as they are in Galloway....dark and clear....briliant.

See you all in the Spring.

Clear lasting skies

Adrian

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/09/2020 at 16:53, Physopto said:

I have carried thousands of tons of  Bentonite over the years. Bet you paid through the nose as well. 🤣

Derek

I've mixed tons of the stuff to pump down the drill hole to deal the walls horrid stuff 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Folks,

I contacted Lesley on Monday and explained why I am unable to attend this Autumn Gathering.   Shame.......

I am already booked in for the Spring event.

Lesley not doubt will fill you in with the details, in the meantime........ trust the weather is kind and the skies as they are in Galloway....dark and clear....briliant.

See you all in the Spring.

Clear lasting skies

Adrian

 

Sorry to hear that Adrian. Hope you are well. I am glad you have booked for the Spring event.

Derek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Hi everyone,

 

 

Hopefully this will be the last update concerning the "Autumn Premier Scottish Star Party" next week.

I have again spoken at some length with the site owner Lesley.

The site is a bit wet due to the past weather, but is shut at present to allow the grass recover and to settle down from constant vehicle and foot traffic.

Drumroamin will open for us specifically next week barring any last minute Government orders.

 

( I have to reiterate all the rules to cover our backs, both the site owners, me and yourselves. )

 

 

 

This is not the usual Star Party.

We are taking Covid-19 extremely seriously and can only use the camp site field with extreme care.

 

 

 

a)   Take plenty of face masks and use them at all times when around the camp site especially when closer than say 4/5 metres to others.

Change your masks regularly and either wash them out in soap and water and allow to dry to be reused, or use fresh ones.

If you dispose of them please do so safely, i.e. in a tied plastic bag in a bin.

 

 

 

 

b)    Never come closer than 2 metres to anyone outside your own family members/group at any time, for any reason.

 

 

 

c)   Take plenty of your own supplies of Hand Sanitiser and use it liberally as and when required.

 

 

 

d)    Lesley has restricted the washroom / ablution blocks to no more than 3 people at any time.

( So please, for your own safety and that of others please call out when entering to ensure that you keep to this maximum number at any time ).

Bear in mind that Water Spray is aerosoled and can travel some considerable distance indoors.

( The ablution blocks will be shut several times each day for deep cleaning, please do not enter during these times !! )

 

 

 

e)     The Warm Room is closed and will remain so, so please do not ask for it to be opened, it won't be!

 

 

 

f)       If you need to talk to the site owner Lesley, do so at the office door and please do not enter unless she asks you to do so.

 

 

 

 

Please remember The Scottish Government has banned gatherings……

 

 

This is not a gathering!!!

This is a commercial Caravan / Motorhome and Camping Site, and is following

The Scottish Governmental Covid -19 Restriction rules and Law !

 

In an open 5 acre field, we can talk to one another at 3,4,5 metres distance without problems.

 

 

Remember there are to be no close interactions of any kind, period!

 

 

 

 

When arriving you must, MUST see Lesley, who will then inform you as to where you are allowed to park a motorhome or erect a tent.

Spacing is all important!

 

Please do this or you will be moved !!

 

 

 

Please abide by Lesley's decisions at all times.

 

 

 

Remember as I pointed out before,

if we follow the rules, we will be a lot safer than being in any Pub, Restaurant or a chance meeting in the street.

 

Following these guide lines is for you, your families and other Star Party attendees safety, and especially that of our hosts well being.

 

 

Finally

Ta' Daah !!!!   

Stay safe and enjoy the night skies !

It will be great to see and chat to you all, old friends and new.

 

Derek

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I can't make it this autumn. Cardiff is in lockdown and I can't leave the area due to welsh rules. I'm re-booked for next spring. Really gutted to be missing out but also looking forward to seeing everyone's posts and pics. Wishing you all a great time and clear skies!!!!

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mr Flibble said:

Unfortunately I can't make it this autumn. Cardiff is in lockdown and I can't leave the area due to welsh rules. I'm re-booked for next spring. Really gutted to be missing out but also looking forward to seeing everyone's posts and pics. Wishing you all a great time and clear skies!!!!

Sorry to hear that Dai - we are in very strange times!!! Just have to make up for it next year.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Sorry to hear that Dai - we are in very strange times!!! Just have to make up for it next year.

Or move 🤣

Seriously though it's a shame you can't get Dai but I'm sure the spring one if you can make that will be just as good. 

Edited by mapstar
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.