Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

AbsolutelyN

The Pleiades from Aosta Valley

Lovely image.  I actually didnt immediately notice the coma, as the trees draw the eye into the middle and to M45.  It's only when I read the text I saw it.  Doesnt detract.

Cheers, the trees certainly do help. Coma is pretty awful in high res file and regret not taking my. Sigma 14-24 2.8 which would have fared much better. Morphological transformation has also been used to try to improve centre of frame stars. It was also actually a 15 second exposure rather than 30 sec. Second version posted above with a 30 sec exposure blended which just reveals the California Nebula.

• Like 1

Where are you in the Aosta Valley?

I live in the Aosta Vallev.

46 minutes ago, Singlin said:

Where are you in the Aosta Valley?

I live in the Aosta Vallev.

Embarrassingly Unfortunately in the UK, we were skiing at Pila over the Christmas week. It's a very inspiring location surrounded by such huge mountains, you are very lucky to live in such a wonderful place. Hope to visit again soon. 

I live in Cervinia.

If you ski over here let me know as you can have access to my Observatory.

I had the Interski Instructors staying here for  tecnical course for 4 weeks  at the beginning of the season.(They are based in Pila)

• Like 2