Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette Nebulae

astro mick

158792227_RosetteNeb.thumb.png.100d9acc191c090217fd453f8c635497.pngBoy this was a nightmare to try and process.Its just an RGB image,no Ha or any other filter.The main problem was the centre stars.As I stretched the Nebulae the stars just got bigger and bigger,and also brighter,just out of control,so the image looked way off balance and frankly awful.I tried to remove the stars for this attempt,but still think it looks a bit odd.

Most star removal I have tried usually ends up with black halos around the stars,which I dislike intently.Am still looking for a good method of doing this.

This is a 2hr image split between RGB.

Still post though.

Mick.

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Boy this was a nightmare to try and process.Its just an RGB image,no Ha or any other filter.The main problem was the centre stars.As I stretched the Nebulae the stars just got bigger and bigger,and also brighter,just out of control,so the image looked way off balance and frankly awful.I tried to remove the stars for this attempt,but still think it looks a bit odd.

Most star removal I have tried usually ends up with black halos around the stars,which I dislike intently.Am still looking for a good method of doing this.

This is a 2hr image split between RGB.

Still post though.

Mick.1453543487_RosetteNeb1.thumb.jpg.43a0137ea4889f9335a263b94f762d9d.jpg

Nice image Mick  but check that you're not clipping the blackpoint as valuable feint data will lost..