Crescent nebula NGC6888

carastro

This is "sort of" a reprocess from November 2018, except I didn't use the full frame at that time, so this is the first full frame process.  I think I cropped it because I wasn't happy with the corner stars, and wasn't all that pleased with my processing of the outer nebulosity, so decided to give it another "go".   Still not 100% happy with those items, but it's a lot better than previously, but probably doesn't bear close scrutiny. 

Ha 12 x 600
Oiii 7 x 300 binned
RGB stars R x 3, B x 4, G x 4 (all 150secs binned)

Atik460EX & WOZS71 + FR x 0.8 HEQ5

spacer.png

Slightly tweaked image, converted to starless and put major stars back in to try to get rid of those tiny background stars.

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 26

• 3 weeks later...

Done a bit more tweaking as wasn't happy with those background tiny stars (see earlier version).  So did a starless version and then put the stars back.

3ykbMEciw0nP_1824x0_9ogn6cSV.jpg

Edited by carastro
  • Like 5

Very nice indeed Carole.I especially like the way you have captured the surrounding area of Nebulosity.It really brings it out.

I,m torn between the original and the last re-process without the stars.

Either way its a really good capture.

Mick.

I think the first image justs romps home in 1st place,for me anyway.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 13:05, carastro said:

This is "sort of" a reprocess from November 2018, except I didn't use the full frame at that time, so this is the first full frame process.  I think I cropped it because I wasn't happy with the corner stars, and wasn't all that pleased with my processing of the outer nebulosity, so decided to give it another "go".   Still not 100% happy with those items, but it's a lot better than previously, but probably doesn't bear close scrutiny. 

Slightly tweaked image, converted to starless and put major stars back in to try to get rid of those tiny background stars.

My preference is the first version, I think that the stars almost look like noise when they have been reduced in the second version. 

Adam

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1

Thanks Don.

Looks very good to me even close up. I’d be very pleased with that  Carole

Still Trevor.  Still got your ED120.  Don't use it all that often now though as I have a dual rig with ED80 which gets most use - been toying with selling it, but keep thinking I'll regret it.

Carole