SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

OMG my bum was freezing!

lulu57

Telescopes should come with a health warning.

DO NOT WEAR YOUR SYNTHETIC TROUSERS WHILST STARGAZING.

Everything else was warm, I had wrapped up well, but I still had my work trousers on...

I still had a cold derriere 45 minutes after getting into bed. It took a lot of chaffing to get any feeling back. Brrrrrr!

Do they make buttock warmers? :shock:

You do need warm gear for sure. I bought some top end cold weather gear but even that wouldnt cope with some of the cold nights we have had recently.

With me its my legs which always catch it the worst.

Thermal knicks are a must by the way.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the post at first. I read the title and thought that you kept a homeless person, who had somehow gotten locked in your freezer.........

I find that if you dont fully warm yourself through before going to bed, its really hard to regain your proper core temperature whilst lying still, even if wrapped up. It's what hot tubs were invented for I believe.

Failing that, I personally stick on as many layers as I can and still move. Quite often I look like the Michelin Man going to a fancy dress party as Darth Vader. Although I must appear slightly odd, I think to myself,

"What the hell, i'm lookin' at the stars, they aint lookin' at me!"

So, layers layers layers Lulu. Im not going to answer about buttock warmers because, well lets just say because :angel:

But what is "chaffing"? ? ?

:(:D:lol: :lol: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

TJ

Telescopes should come with a health warning.

DO NOT WEAR YOUR SYNTHETIC TROUSERS WHILST STARGAZING.

Go whereever construction workers buy work clothing in your region, (In Canada, it's Mark's Work Wearhouse), and look for lined cargo pants like these. OK down to about minus 10 degrees, then add long underwear, good to about minus 20-25. Don't lick the telescope tube, though.

- Richard

Hmmm...checked out the hibachi...

http://www.bulletsforever.com/images/admin/Portable_hibachi.jpg

Certainly lookes warming...but I can't see how I could fit it in my trousers. :shock: :(

Maybe I could just use charcoal pocket warmers in my rear jeans pockets - it's about time the bustle came back into fashion!

Do they make buttock warmers? :shock:

Actually yes, they do.. it's called a hibachi. :bootyshake:

(...getting coat :( )

Hey Carol, have you had an unfortunate "incident" with a hibachi sometime in the past? :lol::lol:

:laughing3: Love those little flaming smilies.

No Phill, I know how to dress for the c-c-c-old.. most important item: insulated ski pants :bootyshake: . TBH though, I've thought about keeping a hibachi outside in the winter to keep my hands warm while sketching, but with my luck I'd trip in the dark and it would become a bottom-warmer. :D

Maybe I could just use charcoal pocket warmers in my rear jeans pockets - it's about time the bustle came back into fashion!

:laughing3: :laughing3:

Us old people (both sexes) get our (mens) Fleece Lined Leisure Thermal Trousers from Chums mail order. They look a bit like combat trousers and feel warm even when being put on. Depending on size they are £20 to £30.

Archived