Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Buzzard75

Unistellar eVscope

That is cool - don't think I have ever seen Pluto through a telescope.  Nice report about the eVscope. 

Jim 

• Like 1

Well, I finally received my scope and backpack 3 weeks ago. The box weighed about 45 lbs. and I had to move it into the house with a cart...ugh. So far the weather has been lousy. The first week, we had a full moon and hazy skies almost every night. The second week I went on vacation and couldn't play with it. This week the sky have been overcast every night and now the smoke from the fires out west (I live in Michigan) has finally reached us and is creating haze as well.  Scope is still in the box...based on the weight of the scope and backpack, this is not something you would go hiking with, I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HWStar said:

Well, I finally received my scope and backpack 3 weeks ago. The box weighed about 45 lbs. and I had to move it into the house with a cart...ugh. So far the weather has been lousy. The first week, we had a full moon and hazy skies almost every night. The second week I went on vacation and couldn't play with it. This week the sky have been overcast every night and now the smoke from the fires out west (I live in Michigan) has finally reached us and is creating haze as well.  Scope is still in the box...based on the weight of the scope and backpack, this is not something you would go hiking with, I think.

If you haven't even taken it out of the box, I would recommend you do so. Charge it up and update the firmware using the app that way you're prepared the first time you go out. I will say the box is quite big and cumbersome. Once it's in the bag, it's much more manageable. Would I go hiking with it though? Probably not, at least not very far. I put mine in a Pelican 1615 Air case and it only weighs 45 lbs total. The case alone is almost 14, but it does have wheels which are convenient on hard surfaces.

On 06/06/2020 at 05:48, Kathie said:

So here are a few images. the Eagle Nebula through the basic telescope then again with the enhanced viewing turned on.

Screenshot_20200525-030157.thumb.jpg.2d19f0ef2d1ae1f370c1c38e1c0b4cf0.jpg

eVscope-20200525-085732.png.6f2da63c1b7b6382429b2938c4d6cee2.png

Wow, I'm really impressed, both good, but the second one really is something else!

• Like 2

I have enjoyed reading this thread and whilst opinion is decided as to the value for money aspects of this scope, it is clearly a new and exciting development in the evolution of the telescope.  It’s easy to criticise its capability against a dedicated imaging setup but that is missing the point. This product with its ability to visualise an enhanced image through the eyepiece bridges the gap between an observers and imagers toolset.

I remember paying £5000 for my first plasma TV, if it wasn’t for early adopters in the technology development funding would have dried up and we would all be the poorer today, where a cracking large screen TV can be acquired for a fraction of the money.

I hope this technology continues its development and look forward to seeing one at a future star event. 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 22:07, tooth_dr said:

Wow, I'm really impressed, both good, but the second one really is something else!

Agreed that second image is outstanding . 

Jim