Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Edge Hd optical path

Ken82

I’ve recently started imaging with my 11” edge hd and getting results at 146mm.

Issue is I now want to add an OAG to lengthen my subs which would mean removing the standard edge hd t adapter (saving 91mm). What could take the place of this to make up the length ? Possibly a MoonLite focuser ? But are there any alternatives 

Thanks 

Optical path - edge hd t adapter, filter wheel, zwo camera.

6 hours ago, knobby said:

I used one of these https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-click-lock-2-for-celestron-meade-sct.html and then 2" adaptors on my C8 edge to get spacing correct but thats for 105 mm.

Yea thanks knobby I have used the baader clicklock successfully in the past for planetary and visual with my edge hd. 

My only caveat is that it introduced some tilt into the optical train when I tried AP. Switching back to t thread confirmed it was the clicklock. 

6 minutes ago, Ken82 said:

Yea thanks knobby I have used the baader clicklock successfully in the past for planetary and visual with my edge hd. 

My only caveat is that it introduced some tilt into the optical train when I tried AP. Switching back to t thread confirmed it was the clicklock. 

Agreed, I pointed mine down when I tightened it, so gravity helped keep it straight 😅

• 1 month later...

I’ve been imaging with my EdgeHD 11”. I have the low profile Edge Moonlite focuser. This allows you to lock down your primary mirror, eliminating mirror flop, and use an OAG for guiding. You’ll need an extremely sensitive guide camera, as you’ll often have only very dim guide stars. It’s not always the case, but a lot of galaxy targets that are not in the milky way will have less stars to guide on.