Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd Scientific Submission

Just thought I'd share with you guys some news on my quest to become an experienced double star observer.

Whilst I was investigating HJ 2302 I noticed that the CD components were in roughly the same location as another pair listed as HLM 4.

I also found a 9th & 11th magnitude pair to the North West of 71 Ori that are about 14" apart. This pair is not listed in the WDS catalogue.

The information has been passed to Dr Brian Mason who manages the WDS and he is investingating these findings.

Bob Argyle has asked me to write these finding up and submit them for publication in the Double Star circular and this will be forwarded to the WDS team to be included in the catalogue.

I am feeling quite good about this although I am a little nervous about writing this up.

Cheers

Ian

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Ian, thats the way we expand our knowledge, people like you observing and keeping clear and detail records, I am sure you will not have a problem in the write up.

naz

• 1 month later...

A quick Update.

The submission has been submitted.

I hope to have made The Webb Soc double star section circular no 14 but due to my PC dying I may have missed the deadline.

Bob Argyle will let me know if I'm in the 14th or 15th Circular.

My measurments will hopefully be added to the WDS later this year. :lol:

Cheers

Ian

Further Update.

Bob Arygle has asked me to add to my submission.

I had kept it very simple with an brief outline of the method of measurement I used and the results.

Bob has asked me to expand my article to include my trend analysis and how it highlights a possible inaccuracy of a John Herschel measure :shock:

Cheers

Ian

Further Update.

My submission has been included and the circuller is due out any day.

If you don't spend your monry on an astromag(s) this month buy the DSSC 14 you'll find it a fascinating read... I promise.

Cheers

Ian

Archived